[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Privately rented accommodation

Legal safeguards have been introduced to help people who rent their home from a private sector landlord. Independent checks must be carried out on any gas boiler and electrical wiring to make sure they are safe.

The environmental health team at your local district council can provide more information about the types of checks that must be done along with general help and advice to tenants and landlords.


Select your district


EmailMe Logo

With emailme you can receive regular updates about council services and events straight into your inbox.

How do you rate this page?

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close