[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Planning applications

The County Council processes planning applications for minerals and waste development throughout the county, along with applications for its own development such as schools, libraries and roads. View details of current planning applications that the County Council is dealing with.

If you would like to extend your home – by adding a porch, an extra room downstairs or a garage – it’s likely that you will need planning permission and this is dealt with by your local district council.

If your extension involves major building work, you will also need building control approval to make sure that all work is completed properly and safely.

If you live in a listed building or in a conservation area any changes you would like to make to your home will need to be in keeping with the age and style of your home and will need planning permission.

Your local district council will be able to provide further information about planning permission and building control.


tel: 0300 500 8080
web: Read more about planning.

EmailMe Logo

With emailme you can receive regular updates about council services and events straight into your inbox.

How do you rate this page?

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close