[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Overseas pupils

Children from overseas who have been allowed entry to the UK on a temporary basis may only be admitted to County Council schools in certain circumstances.

If you are looking after someone else’s child for more than 27 days and you are not their parent, grandparent, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, legal guardian or other person with parental responsibility you may be classed as a private foster carer. Find out more about private fostering.

See also

Refugees and asylum seekers

EmailMe Logo

With emailme you can receive regular updates about council services and events straight into your inbox.

How do you rate this page?

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close