[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Off road driving

You can drive a motorised vehicle off road on byways open to all traffic. Byways are signed from the roadside and their route may be marked with red arrows. Motorised vehicles are not allowed on footpaths, bridleways or restricted byways.

Our Finding Your Way guide [PDF 971 Kb includes information on your rights when using byways in Nottinghamshire and how to identify them on a map.


tel: 0300 500 80 80
e-mail: countrysideaccess@nottscc.gov.uk
web: More information about rights of way

See also

Rights of way

EmailMe Logo

With emailme you can receive regular updates about council services and events straight into your inbox.

How do you rate this page?

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close