The County Council helps support budding and professional writers by offering a range of events, training sessions and conferences.
Annual literature events supported by the County Council include:
- The Lowdham Book Festival
- The Southwell Poetry Festival
- Community-based children's festival in the Ollerton area.
Other events available include:
- training sessions
- workshops on how to get into print
- women writers conferences
- assistance with programming
- promotion of regional writers
- live literature events with national and international writers
- community based literature projects teaching adults with reading and writing difficulties
- roving poets at community events
- First Poem project with homeless people and drug users.
Sheelagh Gallagher - Reading Development Officer
tel: 0115 92 02247
web: More information about literature
post: Nottinghamshire County Council, Communities department, 4th Floor County Hall, West Bridgford, Nottinghamshire, NG2 7QP