[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Infectious diseases

If you think you have eaten food from a shop or restaurant that has given you food poisoning you need to contact the environmental health team at your local district council.

They will investigate what has made you ill to make sure the shop or restaurant takes action to prevent the illness spreading among the local community.

If you think the food you have bought from a shop is of poor quality, always complain and ask for a refund.

If you are a consumer, and you are concerned about a food product you have purchased, please contact Citizens Advice Consumer Service:

You can also report your concerns to the individual district council's Environmental Health service for the district where the premises are located.


Citizens Advice Consumer Service
tel: 08454 04 05 06
e-mail: Via Citizens Advice Consumer Service website
web: You can find more information about food standards on the Citizens Advice Consumer Service website

EmailMe Logo

With emailme you can receive regular updates about council services and events straight into your inbox.

How do you rate this page?

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close