[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future


If you sell goods made or containing silver, gold or platinum, then you will need to comply with the Hallmarking Act.   Trading Standards provide advice to help traders interpret the legal requirements of the legislation.

If you have purchased silver, gold or platinum items that you believe to be incorrectly labelled, contact Citizens Advice Consumer Service.


Citizens Advice Consumer Service
tel: 08454 04 05 06
e-mail: via Citizens Advice Consumer Service website
web: You can find more advice about hallmarking and labelling on the Citizens Advice Consumer Service website

Trading Standards

tel: 01623 452005
e-mail: trading.standards@nottscc.gov.uk

EmailMe Logo

With emailme you can receive regular updates about council services and events straight into your inbox.

How do you rate this page?

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close