[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future


If you keep fireworks, black powder, safety cartridges or detonators (including vehicle airbag detonators) on your premises, you are required by law to have a current explosives registration.

Premises from which fireworks are supplied may require a fireworks licence in addition to having a current explosives registration.

If you are a consumer and are concerned that a product you have purchased is unsafe, please contact Citizens Advice Consumer Service.

If you are a trader and want some information regarding the sale and storage of explosives, please contact trading standards.


Consumer Direct
08454 04 05 06
e-mail: via Citizens Advice Consumer Service website
web: Citizens Advice Consumer Service

Trading Standards
01623 452005
Find out more about licences on our business pages.

EmailMe Logo

With emailme you can receive regular updates about council services and events straight into your inbox.

How do you rate this page?

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close