[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Emergency telephone numbers

In an emergency you should always dial 999.

When the County Council’s offices are closed we have some telephone numbers you can call if you need to alert us to a specific problem:

Contact the Highways department for emergencies with:

  • gritting
  • fallen trees
  • road repairs
  • bridge problems

Contact Social Care for emergencies with:

  • adult or child abuse
  • mental health crisis
  • home care workers not arriving


Highways department

Phone FirstCall: 01253 502776

Social Care

tel: 0300 456 4546 (between 5pm and 8:30am Monday-Friday and 24 hours on weekends and bank holidays)

See also

Drug use and abuse
Social care.

EmailMe Logo

With emailme you can receive regular updates about council services and events straight into your inbox.

How do you rate this page?

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close