[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future


If you’re about to do a big DIY job that will create lots of rubble, concrete or soil you need to think about how you will dispose of all the rubbish.

You can get rid of ordinary household rubbish like a chair or a fridge at one of our recycling centres. But we unfortunately cannot accept concrete or similar rubbish. This is because it is very expensive to get rid of. It also makes sure council tax payers do not end up paying for unscrupulous tradespeople to get rid of their building rubbish.  

Options to consider to get rid of general building rubbish include:

  • hiring a skip. Look through the Yellow Pages for details
  • buying a skip bag from selected DIY stores, builders merchants, garden centres and hire centres
  • contacting a private company that offer waste disposal services.


Waste management team
0300 500 80 80
e-mail: waste.management@nottscc.gov.uk
web: Find out about skip hire on the Skipbag website: www.skipbag.co.uk.

See also

Household waste and recycling centres

EmailMe Logo

With emailme you can receive regular updates about council services and events straight into your inbox.

How do you rate this page?

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close