[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Credit agreements

Anyone who offers you credit must be licensed by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT). Most credit agreements are covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the Consumer Credit Act 2006 - these are called 'regulated agreements'. When you purchase goods or services on a regulated credit agreement, special rules apply. Read more information about your rights when buying on credit.


For free consumer advice go to Consumer Direct
tel: 08454 04 05 06
e-mail: via Citizens Advice Consumer Service website
web: Citizens Advice Consumer Service

Or visit the Citizens Advice Bureau website at: www.citizensadvice.org.uk

See also

Citizens Advice Bureaux
Debt advice


EmailMe Logo

With emailme you can receive regular updates about council services and events straight into your inbox.

How do you rate this page?

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close