Launched in 2004, Building Better Communities is our eight-year programme to make Nottinghamshire a better place to live, work and visit.
We’re doing this in partnership with district councils, government departments, public bodies and people in local communities to create:
- better neighbourhoods – improving the quality and image of our towns and villages, including refurbishing town centres
- better countryside – improving the quality of rural areas, including reclaiming derelict land
- better business – supporting the range of land-based local industries, including regenerating shopping areas serving rural communities
- better leisure – promoting tourism, recreation and leisure, including creating landscaped ‘gateways’ and corridors to tourist attractions and places of interest
- better awareness – developing environmental education and understanding, including fostering pride of place and a sense of local history.
Sue Jaques, Project Manager
tel: 0115 977 4368
web: Find out more about Building Better Communities.