[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Bin collections

Your household waste and recycling is stored in your wheeled bin for collection from your home.

Your local district council is responsible for collecting your bin. They also arrange doorstep or kerbside recycling schemes to collect recyclable rubbish like paper, tins and plastic from your home.

You will need to talk to your district council to find out what types of rubbish they will collect for recycling.

To find out about refuse collection in your area contact your local district council.

If you have a large item like a fridge or sofa that you would like to dispose of, some district councils offer a bulky waste collection service. There may be a small charge for this service.

See also



Select your district


EmailMe Logo

With emailme you can receive regular updates about council services and events straight into your inbox.

How do you rate this page?

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close